Hello Friends! April is Autism Awareness month. I am grateful to be participating in the Stamping For Autism Awareness Blog Hop with a group of wonderful designers. This hop is hosted by Veronica Zalis and Tenia Nelson. The purpose of this hop is to help spread awareness throughout the crafting community.
These are ten ways you can help a Family with Autism, Psychology Today.
- Be there for the Family.
- Respect the wishes of the Family in regards to discussing Autism.
- Learn that Autism is different in each child and does not have a specific “look”.
- It is okay to discuss the prognosis of the child if the parent is comfortable with it.
- Be thoughtful when providing information to a Family with Autism.
- Playdates with neighbors.
- Playdates with friends.
- Help with respite, (just one hour of help can tremendously help a Family).
- Do not judge.
- Respect confidentiality.
Below is the card I created for the hop.
The rainbow stripes were created using Bows for You Stamp Set by The Stamp Market. The other stamped elements are from the UR Amazing Stamp Set, also from The Stamp Market. The rainbow stripes are stamped using Gina K Designs inks, (cherry red, sweet mango, wild dandelion, grass green, turquoise sea and wild lilac). Hey. Hi. Hello is stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and UR Amazing is heat embossed used Ranger, Liquid Platinum embossing powder. The panel is popped up with foam tape.
Thank you for taking time out of your day to learn more about how to help families with an Autism child.
Make sure to check out the other amazing creations by clicking on the following links:
Have a beautiful day!