Wow!! Look at these colors for the current My Favorite Things color challenge. I have to say Sno Cone stumped me a little bit. But, I ended up making two cards.
The first card looks a little patriotic to me. I love the red and dark blue together. I wanted to use the Ride the Wave die-namics set, but not in the traditional way. So, I ended up making each wave three different colors. Then I played and played and played some more with the position of the waves. Those sparkly stars are from Butterfly Reflections Ink. Aren’t they the cutest? My method for the star placement was to just sprinkle and adhere where they landed.
The second card is made from the leftover pieces of the Ride the Wave die-namics. The way the ends are shaped it reminded me of a windmill. So I grabbed a few of the pieces, made a hole in the middle of them and then attached them together with a button brad. Once it was all together it is more like a flower. Thought it was perfect for a cute little 4″x4″ thank you card.
- Cardstock – My Favorite Things: Cherry Crisp, Kraft, Sno Cone and Nightshift Blue
- Stamp – My Favorite Things: Wavy Greetings
- Die – My favorite Things: Die-namics Ride the Wave and Die-namics Inside & Outside Diagonal Stitched Square STAX
- Ink – My Favorite Things: Nightshift Blue
- Embellishments – 3mm Sparkling Stars Sequins