Welcome to Day two of the Love is in the Air Stamp of Approval Collection Blog Hop! You should have arrived here from the amazing, Heather North’s Blog. The complete list is towards the end of the post if you get lost.
What is a Stamp of Approval Collection?
Catherine did an amazing Facebook Live on the history of Stamp of Approval. I believe everyone should take a few minutes and watch her story. She works hard for all of us and so does her team.
Stamp of Approval is a quarterly collection of products that work well together. With these products there are no guessing games. You literally can spend hours upon hours creating with each collection. They never really go out of style and are easy to incorporate all year. The collection even comes with a Project Guide containing card samples of all styles from the creative team.
The Love is in the Air collection contains:
- 1 – 6×8 stamp set
- 3 – 4×6 stamp sets
- 1 – layering die set
- 1 – sentiment die
- 1 – accent die
- 1 – mystery ink
In addition there are two add-on die sets which coordinate with Love is in the Air and Bon Voyage stamp sets. Furthermore, there will be two new stamp blocks.
***IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING AVAILABILITY***
Monday, January 8 at 9 pm Eastern:
LIVE PJ party for StampNation Members. During this party StampNation members will be able to order early.
Tuesday, January 9 at 9 am Eastern:
Wait list will be emailed a link to order (if not sold out).
Tuesday, January 9 at 6 pm Eastern:
Ordering will be made available to everyone, (if not sold out). Please be aware collections have sold out several times to the waitlist and have not gone public!
Now it is time to share a couple of the cards I made using the Love is in the Air collection. When I get a new stamp set I take a piece of scrap paper and just start stamping. I do not plan a layout. That stresses me out too much and then ruins the fun. As I stamp I start seeing things and become flooded with ideas / inspiration.
My first card is CAS (clean and simple). I used the balloon in the Love is In the Air set and made it a vase. And I used the arrow of hearts for flowers.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11 inches, score at 5 1/2 and fold in half.
- Add 3 horizontal score lines to both the top and the bottom of the front of the card.
- Stamp the sentiment and the balloon directly on the card base above the bottom set of score lines. (The balloon becomes a vase.)
- Stamp the arrow of hearts several times on the card base. Position them coming out of the vase to resemble a floral arrangement. (Tip: Only ink 1/2 of the stamp.) Also stamp the tiny heart within the sentiment.
- Stamp the balloon on white cardstock and then die-cut. Trim the basket of the balloon off, resulting in a vase. Then adhere with dimensional tape over the stamped image on the card.
- Embellish the pink hearts with a clear glitter pen.
For my second card I started by creating a background with a couple of the smaller images in the Bon Voyage stamp set. I love to create backgrounds and these hearts were perfect! Then I decided which element and sentiment would look nice on the background.
- Trim a piece of mirrors cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11 inches, score at 5 1/2 and fold in half. Set aside to use as your card base.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4 x 5 1/4 inches and stamp the background using the starburst stamp and small heart stamp. (Tip: Find the midpoint of the panel and lightly pencil in 1 inch sections to use as your stamping guide. Erase the pencil marks when you are finished stamping your design.)
- Stamp the message in the bottle on white cardstock and die-cut.
- Cut a narrow strip of vellum to stamp and heat emboss sentiment.
- Adhere vellum to card panel being cautious where you are adhering the die-cut (this is a good spot to place adhesive on your vellum).
- Adhere message in the bottle die-cut with foam adhesive to the vellum strip.
- Add embellishments: sequins and clear glitter.
- Adhere panel to card base with tape runner.
BLOG HOP PRIZE
One winner will be chosen at random from each day’s comments and announced on JANUARY 10th on Catherine’s blog. Yes, that is THREE winners! So make sure to comment along on each of the three days. The winners will win their box and if they already bought it, they will be issued a Gift Certificate worth $100 towards a future purchase.
BLOG HOP LIST
- Catherine Pooler
- Chrissie Tobas
- Melissa Miller
- Jenny Colacicco
- Jennifer Carter
- Heather North
- Tracie Pond (You are here.)
- Josefine Fouarge
(For your convenience, I am happy to provide links to the products I used. I use compensated affiliate links when available. This does not cost you anything. It actually supports my journey. You can find my affiliate disclosure here. I appreciate your support.)