Happy Friday Everyone! It is time for the last Concord & 9th Feature Friday posts for the November 2017 Release. Today we are featuring the Dahlia Turnabout Bundle. This is a special turnabout because it was designed to work with the miniMISTI. There is also a coordinating die. Fun!!!!!
This past month with Concord & 9th has been amazing and I am filled with joy and gratitude to have had this opportunity. I am stalling writing this post because the time went by too fast.
Merry! For my first project I decorated a tag and gift bag.
- Stamp Dahlia Turnabout on soft grey cardstock. The colors used here are a soft pink and three shades of grey.
- Die-cut Dahlia with a tag die. Also die-cut another tag in silver metallic.
- Heat emboss Concord & 9th’s Plaid Background on a gift bag.
- Punch a hole in the top of the gift bag where you want to place the tag.
- Adhere the tag to the gift bag with bakers twine or your favorite ribbon.
- Die-cut Concord & 9th’s Merry in silver metallic and in craft foam. Adhere the two pieces. You most likely will get a little shadow. I was okay with that for this project, it resembled an offset.
- Adhere merry to the tag with a strong adhesive.
- Adhere nuvo drops to both the tag and the bag.
Friend. For my second project I created a layered 4.25″ square card for a friend.
- Select four colors that you want to stamp the Dahlia in. I used Christmas colors: pink, green, red and gold. The gold layer has a little bit of dimension. This was created by using the Dahlia die to die-cut gold metallic petals. The petals were then glued on to the Dahlia.
- Die-Cut the finished Dahlia with a circle die.
- Determine what color you want the card base to be and create a 4.25″ card.
- Create a 4″ square layer using gold metallic cardstock.
- Adhere craft foam to both of the layers and then adhere to the card base.
- Die-Cut a heart using Concord & 9th’s Heartstrings Die Set. Also die-cut a heart out of craft foam. Adhere together and color the edge of the craft foam to match the color of the heart. I used a copic marker.
- Add some sparkle to the heart with a Wink of Stella marker.
- White heat emboss the word friend on the same color of cardstock as your card base.
- Adhere the heart to the center of the dahlia and adhere friend below the heart. See how I placed the word friend with the heart above the “i”?
Smile Sunshine. For my third project I had to create something that said, “Smile Sunshine”. I just love the uplifting and cheerfulness of the sentiment.
- Start by using the Concord & 9th’s Sunshine Turnabout Stamp. Select four cheerful colors and stamp.
- Die-Cut using a rectangle die.
- Stamp sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black ink and then clear heat emboss. I wanted a little texture so I applied black gel over the heat embossed sentiment. It results in a bubbly cracked look, which I love the texture of.
- Select a color for a layer a little larger then the focal layer and die-cut with a size larger rectangle die.
- Create an A2 white cardbase and adhere the layers to it.
- Add nuvo drops inbetween the rays of sunshine.
A look at all three of my projects together. I love how they turned out and I hope you do too.
For more fabulous inspiration please check out what guest designers Lynnea Hollendonner – Instagram | Blog and Lea Lawson – Instagram | Blog created. Concord and 9th will post on their blog and Instagram as well. Concord and 9th also has some informative videos on their YouTube channel, along with card samples on the item detail product pages in the store. I listed links to the products below in the supplies section. A handy tool when looking for Concord and 9th inspiration is by using #concordand9th and #c9featurefriday in the search field in Instagram. (To help make things a little easier, I made the hashtags clickable.)
We want to admire what you are creating with these products. Please make sure to tag #concordand9th for everyone to see!
* ** Details on how to set-up and use Concord & 9’ths Turnabout stamps can be found on the product detail page. Concord & 9th also has helpful videos using their Turnabout stamps. See below for links to the products.
(For your convenience, I am happy to provide links to the products I used. Compensated affiliate links are used when available at no cost to you. You can find my affiliate disclosure here. I appreciate your support.)
Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your feedback. If you ever have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. See you again soon!